Return of Title IV Funds

Title IV funds refer to federal financial aid for students.

What Happens if You Return Title IV Funds?

  • If you withdraw before 60 percent of the semester is complete, federal rules govern how your earned financial aid is calculated, including PLUS loans.
  • The extra funds must be returned if you received more aid than you earned.
  • If this creates a balance, you're responsible for paying it.


Refer to the catalog for details on withdrawals or leaves of absence.

Read More About Repaying Federal Funds

Learn More About Financial Aid

Contact the Financial Aid Office

500 Rutherford Ave.
Boston, MA 02129
Phone: 617-873-0403


Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (EST)