Financial Aid

At Cambridge College, we're committed to making education accessible. Beyond low tuition costs, we also provide financial aid options to over 65 percent of our student body.

As you get ready for Cambridge College, delve into financial aid options. Learn about eligibility criteria, scholarships, loans — and connect with a dedicated financial aid counselor for personalized assistance.

financial aid

Enrollment and Eligibility

To qualify for financial aid at Cambridge College, students must meet the following criteria:

Undergraduate Students

Graduate and Doctoral Students

"Cambridge College is very generous with their scholarships. They've provided me a lot of support through my education to make sure it was possible to finish my degree."

Karen Mai
AS Business Administration 2021

Important Financial Aid Deadlines

Summer Term 2024Fall Term 2024-25Spring Term 2025
March 1, 2024: FAFSA priority deadlineJuly 1, 2024: FAFSA priority deadlineNov. 1, 2024: FAFSA priority deadline
June 3, 2024: Deadline for documentsOct. 16, 2024: Deadline for documentsFeb. 16, 2025: Deadline for documents

Connect with a Financial Aid Counselor

For assistance applying for aid, reach out to a financial aid counselor:

Counselor NameStudent Last Name
Jabari Cummings
Cheryl Julaka
Traci Singleton

Financial Aid Support Programs and Procedures

Financial Loan Counseling

Cambridge College partners with IonTuition so students can manage their loan repayment options — at no cost. Reach out to IonTuition counselors at 866-296-7955.

Exit Counseling

Federal student loan borrowers must complete exit counseling before graduation or reducing enrollment to less than half time. Please complete it to ensure your degree, diploma and transcript access.

Complete Student Loan Exit Counseling

Repayment Calculator

Input your loan balance, interest rate and loan term in years to determine your repayment requirements.

Try the Calculator

Learn More About Repayment Options

Employer-Backed Financial Aid

Many companies offer programs to support their employees' professional development. Consider seeking tuition assistance from your employer to help finance your education.

Reach out to an admissions counselor for more information about financial aid.

Rights and Responsibilities

Students have the right to know financial aid types, how their need was determined, financial aid deadlines and the Student Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Students are responsible for:

  • Applying for financial aid each year
  • Ensuring the College and Stafford loan lender have your current address and telephone number
  • Submitting required documents to the Financial Aid Office on time
  • Completing the entrance and exit interview process

Informing the registrar at or 617-873-0101 if you plan to withdraw or take a leave of absence

Frequently Asked Questions About Financial Aid

Do I need to send taxes or W2s to the Financial Aid Office?
Unless specifically requested, you do not need to submit additional information, such as tax forms, to the Financial Aid Office. You can check the status of documents on your MyCC account.

Do I need to reapply for financial aid every year?
Yes, if you are interested in receiving need-based aid, you must complete the FAFSA every year.

How do I know my application for financial aid is complete?
Students with incomplete applications will be notified by letter if information or forms are to be added to their files. You can also log in to your MyCC account to check your application status.

What financial aid opportunities are available to international students?
Need-based financial aid is unavailable to international students at this time.

What forms do I need to complete?
All applicants for financial aid must complete FAFSA. Additional information may be required of some applicants.

How many credits do I have to enroll in to receive financial aid?
To receive financial aid, undergraduates need a minimum enrollment of six credits, while graduate students require at least four credits. Please ensure that the enrolled classes align with your program of study for eligibility.

When will I receive a credit balance refund?
If your financial aid exceeds your billed tuition and fees, resulting in a credit balance, the Student Accounts Office will issue a refund. Typically, refunds are processed within 14 business days and sent to your permanent home address.

Read More on Refunds

Is it true that drug convictions might affect my ability to get federal student aid?
No, drug convictions do not impact your financial aid eligibility. You will be asked on the FAFSA form whether you had a drug conviction for an offense while receiving federal student aid. If the answer is yes, you will be provided a worksheet. Please answer the questions honestly; however, they won't impact your eligibility.

What if I withdraw or take a leave of absence from my undergraduate program?
Students withdrawing or taking a leave of absence may encounter a tuition refund or adjustment of financial aid. Federal regulations and College procedures govern these changes. See Dropping Courses, Withdrawals & Refunds for more information.

How do I decline or revise my aid offer?
If you wish to decline or revise your aid, you may write the adjustments on the award letter and mail or email your revisions to the Financial Aid Office We encourage you to consider your educational expense needs and to limit borrowing if possible.

How many times can I repeat a class?
You may repeat a class once and have it count towards your eligibility. Classes repeated more than once will be excluded to determine eligibility.

When will my aid funds be posted to my account?
Financial aid funds are posted to your student account Monday after the add/drop.

I've changed my enrollment plans. Will it affect my aid?
Your financial aid award depends on your planned enrollment. Generally, half-time enrollment (six credits for undergraduates, four credits for graduates) is required for aid eligibility in a semester. Altering your enrollment may impact your aid amount and eligibility duration. If your plans change, promptly notify the Financial Aid Office at They will review your eligibility and make necessary adjustments.

When do I have to begin repaying my loans?
Following graduation, leaving school or dropping below half-time enrollment, there's a six-month grace period before loan repayment begins. Once this period ends, your loan servicer will notify you of the due date and send billing notices to your registered address. It's essential to make payments, even if you have not received a bill or notice.

Learn More About Repayment

Who do I contact with questions about my loans?
Your loan servicer can help with questions about your loan, address or name changes, estimated repayment information, repayment plan changes, deferment and forbearance. Find your loan servicer's contact information on the National Student Loan Data System.

What if I have problems repaying my federal loans?
If you encounter difficulties making a scheduled repayment, promptly contact your loan servicer. They will collaborate with you to prevent the costs and consequences of delinquency or default. Various options are available to help you avoid default, such as adjusting repayment plans, deferment and forbearance. You might qualify for a deferment if:

  • Pursuing at least half-time study at an eligible school
  • In a graduate fellowship program approved by the U.S. Department of Education
  • In a rehabilitation training program for individuals with disabilities, approved by the U.S. Department of Education
  • Seeking but unable to find full-time employment (for up to three years)
  • Experiencing economic hardship (for up to three years)

Get more information on deferment and forbearance from your loan servicer.

What are the different Direct Stafford Loan repayment plans?
There are four options, offering different monthly payments and repayment periods. See them at Federal Direct Stafford Loan Repayment Plans.

Learn More About Loans

Contact the Financial Aid Office

500 Rutherford Ave.
Boston, MA 02129
Phone: 617-873-0403


Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (EST)