Our dedication to Racial Equality and Social Justice (RESJ) spans decades. Learn more about our RESJ Initiative

time exposed photo of headlights in urban center

FAQ's for Student Registration

Q: What is the URL for MyCC?

A:  https://mycc.cambridgecollege.edu/ics.

Q: How do I log in to MyCC?

A: Into the User Name field, enter your Cambridge College ID number. Into the Password/PIN field, enter the password you received from the College. If you have forgotten your MyCC user name (your student ID number), please contact the Registrar’s Office by phone or by email at: registrar@cambridgecollege.edu

If you have forgotten your MyCC PIN (personal identification number), please click on the “I forgot my password” link next to the login area. As a continuing student, password reset information will be sent to your Cambridge College email.

We strongly recommend that you use your Cambridge College email, as that is the official means of contact. However, the Registrar’s Office may also help you reset your MyCC password without using your MyCC email.

Q: How do I search for courses on MyCC?

A: Under the Home tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Course Search. Please note that the Course Search tool will not be visible until you have signed the Student Acknowledgement of Financial Obligation Office and the Personal Information Update Form. These two actions are required every semester. Please note that once you complete these required tasks, you will end up in the Add/Drop section of the website. We do not recommend that you attempt to register using this tool, because it doesn't always work, and frequently displays error messages, such as, "You are unauthorized to add this class." Instead, click on the “Registration-Grades” tab and then on the “Course Search” icon, and proceed with registration as usual.

Q: Why do I need to fill out the Personal Information Update Form, and why is it so important that the College has this information?

A: Starting with the opening of registration for the fall 2015 semester on July 1st, you will be prompted to update your contact and basic demographic information before you register for classes. When you are ready to register for the fall, click on the “Registration-Grades” tab and then on the “Complete the Personal Information Update form” link. You will be directed toward a form allowing you to review and update your personal information. Once you submit this form, you can proceed with registration as usual. To access the course search tool, click on the “Registration-Grades” tab and then on the “Course Search” icon.

Having accurate information for our students supports our ability to offer the types of services our students are most in need of. We also use this information to obtain grants and to inform the public about the incredible diversity of the students who attend Cambridge College, ranging from age, to ethnicity, to countries of origin.

For example, demonstrating that 25% of our students are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry would allow us to be designated as a “Hispanic Serving Institution”. This designation would qualify us to seek special grant money that we could use to enhance our services. Demonstrating that we have a large number of students from other groups is similarly important.

The information we collect is used only to determine how many of our students fall into certain groups (e.g., how many of our students are female vs. male) so that we can use this information to improve our services. The data you provide is protected and stored on a secured server. Should you have any questions or concerns about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office 617-873-0101 or email us at registrar@cambridgecollege.edu

Q: How do I register for courses?

A: Please find directions under the MyCC Tutorials tab.

Q: How do non-matriculated students register for courses?

A: Non-matriculated students (special students) who are not enrolled in a degree or certificate register for courses with the Non-Matriculated Student Registration form .

Q: What do I do if a course is full?

A: You may join the class if you submit to the Registrar’s Office an Add/Drop form with the written permission of the instructor.

Q: When I’m completing an Add/Drop or Registration form, what information do I need to include about the class?

A: Please include the entire course number AND the location/section number, AND the title.  For class CCP 670 CA02 Career Counseling, CCP 670 is the course number, CA02 is the location/section number, and Career Counseling is the title.

Q: What do the different location codes stand for?

A: Cambridge College location codes are as follows:

  • CA = Charlestown/Boston 
  • CH = Charlestown/Boston Hybrid
  • CF = California
  • DL = Distance Learning
  • LA = Lawrence
  • BE = Lawrence Blended Learning
  • ON =Online
  • PR = Puerto Rico
  • PH = Puerto Rico Hybrid
  • SP = Springfield
  • BS = Springfield Blended Learning
  • SH = Springfield Hybrid
  • PD = Professional Development

Q: What is the code for the days of the week?

A: As follows:

  • M = Monday
  • T = Tuesday
  • W = Wednesday
  • R = Thursday
  • F = Friday
  • S = Saturday
  • U = Sunday

Q: How do I find out which courses to take?

A: Consult the program of study you received at Orientation. Register for only those courses listed in your program of study.  Consult with your advisor.

Q: Can I register for classes by telephone?

A: No. We do not accept course registration by telephone. You must register online through MyCC. In certain situations only, such as if the course is full, if you are signing up for a repeat course, you may complete a paper Add/Drop form.

Q: I will be graduating from my MEd program this January and I have a graduation clearance pending HOLD on my account.  Why can I not register for CAGS classes as soon as web registration opens in December?

A: You must graduate from one program before registering for classes in a new program.  If you tell us that you have applied for another program, we will provide Admissions Records a transcript showing conferral of the degree you have just completed.  This will complete your application, and you will then be able to register for classes.

Q: How do I take a course as an alumna or alumnus?

A: Alumni wishing to take a course or two must register as a non-matriculated student.

Q: I do not wish to matriculate into a degree program, just take a single course.  With whom should I speak?

A: You do not need to work with the Admissions department. Please complete a Non-Matriculated Student Registration form.

Q: Are required books listed on the web?

A: Yes.  Once you have registered for a course, in MyCC, click on the Student Registration tab, then, under Student Schedule, click on the course link, then, below Course Description, click on Course Textbooks.

Q:  How do I contact my instructor?

A:  Cambridge College email is the best method. Please feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office for the email address at 617-873-0101.

Q: If I drop a course after the Add/Drop Period has ended, am I responsible for the tuition charge?

A: If the course has not yet met, you are not responsible for the tuition charge; if the course has met, then you remain responsible for the tuition charge.

Q: How many online or hybrid courses may I register for?

A: Students must limit the number of credits they take in online courses to less than 50% of their program. Hybrid courses that combine online and on-site work in a single course are considered on-site and not online.

Q: I can’t finish my ILP/IRP/Graduate Management Capstone during the first term.  What should I do?

A: Your ILP/IRP/Graduate Management Capstone supervisor will submit an incomplete (PIN) grade. This PIN is permanent. At the beginning of the next term, use a paper Add/Drop form to sign up for the ILP/IRP Extension course, 801 (MMG 699 for the Graduate Management Capstone), and include the name of your project supervisor. Please consult the current catalog for the most up-to-date fee structure, and note that federal financial aid will pay for taking the course a limited number of times. If you need additional terms to complete the project, you must register for the course again.

Q: How do I change my ILP supervisor?

A: Consult with the dean or administrative manager of your school:

Q: How do I know if a class has been canceled (due to inclement weather or illness)?

A: Cancellations are posted on the Cambridge College home page and with the answering service.

You may call 617-868-1000 for a recorded message about closings. Closings are also listed on WBZ 1030 News Radio, WBZTV Channel 4, WCVBTV Channel 5 and WHDHTV Channel 7.

Q:  How do I know if a course has been canceled before it begins or if there is a schedule change?

A: You will receive an email through your Cambridge College account from the department canceling the course.

Q:  How do I register for a "repeat" course?

A. If you have attempted registering for a course online and you received a “repeat course” error, you must register for the course on paper using the Add/Drop form.

Q:  How do I register for the ILP/IRP completion?

A. To register for the ILP/IRP completion course (801) you must submit the Add/Drop form to the Registrar’s Office. Please include the name of the Professor.

Q:  How do  I register for the Capstone completion?

A. To register for the Capstone completion (491) you must submit the Add/Drop form to the Registrar’s Office. Please include the name of the Professor. Please note that if you have received an incomplete on your initial capstone course (490), you get one semester to have the incomplete changed to a letter grade. After that one semester, you must register for the capstone completion course (491) in order to receive a grade.

Q:  How do I add or drop a course that hasn’t started after online registration has ended?

A. By submitting the Add/Drop form to the Registrar’s Office.

Q:  How do I drop a course after the Add/Drop period has ended and the course has already started?

A. By submitting the Add/Drop form to the Registrar’s Office. If the course has already started, it will be entered as a withdrawal (WD) and the charges will remain on your account.

Q:  do I add a course online using the course code?

A. Log into MyCC and click on the Registration-Grades tab (one of the blue tabs on the top), and then, in the center of the page, click on Course Search (there is a magnifying glass on the icon). Once you are in Course Search, leave most of the fields to the default, except for Course Code and Campus. On the fifth row after Course Code, keep “Begins With” from the dropdown menu. In the empty box to the right, type the beginning of the course code (the first three letters, for example, CCP). Do not click on “look up” to the right of the Course Code section. Scroll down the page, and under Campus, highlight your campus. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “search.” Once you see the class you want to add, check the box under the Add Column, and then click Add Courses at the bottom of the page.  

If you know the full course code, after Course Code, select (if it’s not already selected) “Begins With” from the dropdown menu. Then, type the first three letters, enter a space, and then type the three numbers. For example, MMG 691. You must enter a space between the three numbers and the three letters. Do not include the section number. For example: CA01. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Search.”

Q:  How do I drop a course online?

A. Log into MyCC, click on the Registration-Grades tab (one of the blue tabs on the top), and then click Add/Drop Courses. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and under the Drop column, check the box next to the course you want to drop, and then hit the button to Drop Selected Courses.