Our dedication to Racial Equality and Social Justice (RESJ) spans decades. Learn more about our RESJ Initiative

time exposed photo of headlights in urban center

Return of Title IV Funds

Federal regulations specify how colleges and universities must determine the amount of federal financial aid (including PLUS loans) you have earned if you withdraw from the university before 60 percent of an enrollment period (usually a semester) has elapsed.  The amount of federal assistance that you have earned is determined by the percentage of the semester completed.  If you have received more assistance than you have earned, the excess funds must be returned to the government.  If the removal of returned funds from your account creates a balance due, you will be responsible for paying this balance.  For more information about withdrawing or taking a leave of absence from the university, please see the catalog.