COVID-19 Updates
Updated July 6, 2020

Cambridge College will continue remote learning and teaching through Fall 2020-2021 term. The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community are important to us. Please see our updates regarding COVID-19.

time exposed photo of headlights in urban center

FAQ's for Student Grades & Transcripts


Q:  When will I receive my grades?

A:  You will be able to view your grades on MyCC as soon as your instructor has entered them.

Q: Can you tell me my grades over the phone?

A:  To protect your privacy, we do not tell students their grades over the phone.

Q: Can you fax my grades to me?

A: We do not under any circumstances fax grades or transcripts.

Q: When does my instructor enter grades?

A:  Instructors may enter grades beginning on the last day the course meets.

Q: What should I do if the term has ended and the instructor has not entered a grade for me?

A:  Please contact the instructor.

Q: How do I find out my GPA (Grade Point Average)?

A: You may request a letter stating your GPA.  Please use Letter Request form.

Q: My credits do not add up correctly at the bottom of my web transcript.  What should I do?

A: Please contact the Registrar’s Office and request an academic recalculation.

Q: What happens to an INC (INComplete) grade after two terms?

A: If you do not complete the work for the course, the INC changes to an NCI (No Credit Incomplete) which is a failing grade.

Q: What is an AW grade?

AW means Administrative Withdrawal, a grade entered to correct a problem.  Once the AW grade has been entered, the tuition charge for the course is removed from your bill.

Q: What is a PIN grade?

A:A PIN is a permanent incomplete used only for final projects, such as Capstone, ILP, & IRP. It is not factored into a GPA.


Q: How do I request a transcript?

A: Please complete and submit a Transcript Request form after you have made your payment online. You may fax or mail the form, or fill it out in person.

Q: How do I pay for my transcript?

A: You may pay by credit card or e-check through our online payment portal. We must be able to verify your payment before we will process your request, so be sure to include the payment confirmation number on the Transcript Request form.

Q: How much do transcripts cost?

A: Official transcripts cost $5.00, and unofficial transcripts cost $2.00.

Q: What is the difference between official and unofficial?

A: Official transcripts are stamped with the Cambridge College seal and arrive in a sealed envelope. Most employers require the official transcript. An unofficial transcript does not bear the Cambridge College seal and is generally for a student’s own use. If you have a financial hold on your account, we may only release an unofficial transcript.

Q: I don’t have time to download and print out a form.  Can I request a transcript over the phone?

A: No. To protect your privacy, we require your signature on the transcript request form.

Q: How long does it take for transcripts to be processed?

A: Transcripts are ordinarily mailed out within five to seven business days after receipt of the request form.  If you need a transcript more quickly, please consult our transcript officer at 617-873-0103.

Q: Can I view my transcript on the web?

A: You may view and print your unofficial transcript in MyCC. Click on the Student Registration-Grades tab, and, from the center of the page, select “Unofficial Transcript”.

Q: I will graduate next month and will need a transcript as soon as it is available after the conferral date.  Do I need to request rush service?

A: No. Transcripts for graduates get priority!  We make every effort possible to send new graduates’ transcripts out as soon as possible after the conferral date.

Q: Does each degree count as a separate transcript?

A: Yes.  If, for instance, you received a bachelor’s and a master’s degree, your courses and grades appear on two separate transcripts.

Q: Can I send transcripts to different addresses?

A: Yes.

Q: What could delay the processing of my transcript?

A: A hold on your record, non-payment, or an incorrect or incomplete address would delay processing. Please be sure to write legibly and to include a telephone number on the transcript request form.

Q: Can you fax my transcript?

A: No.  To protect your privacy, we do not fax transcripts.

Q: May I pick up my transcript in the Registrar’s Office?

A: Please contact the transcript officer at 617-873-0103.

Q: Can someone else pick up my transcript for me?

A: Yes, with your written consent.  We will ask the person who is picking up the transcript to show ID.

Q: Will courses for which I have grades of Incomplete appear on my transcript?

A: No, transcripts are success-based.  Only courses with passing grades appear on your transcript.

Q: Who do I contact about a typo on my transcript?

A: Please contact the Registrar at 617-873-0103.