Applicants must satisfy the requirements below in addition to the admissions requirements on your program’s Admissions page.
All Degrees and Certificates
Official transcript of the required degree, conferred by a regionally accredited college or university. You must request an official transcript be sent directly to Cambridge College. International transcripts must be translated and evaluated.
- MEd and most graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree. See also your program’s Admissions tab.
- Post-master’s certificates require a master’s degree. See also your program’s Admissions tab.
- CAGS program requires a master’s degree in couseling or a closely related field.
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling certificate requires a high school diploma/GED, bachelor’s, or higher degree.
Interview with and approval of the SOPC Admissions Committee and acceptance by the dean.
Personal Statement - Write a 1-2 page essay (250-500 words) describing your reasons for obtaining a degree from Cambridge College, your professional experience and goals, and your academic background.
Two Professional Recommendations - Please use Applicant Recommendation form.
School Guidance, School Adjustment -
ESE Licensure Candidates
Applicants to degrees and certificates preparing students for licensure in School Guidance or School Adjustment must also meet the admission requirements below.
MTEL Communication and Literacy Test - Candidates for state licensure are required to pass the Massachusetts Communication and Literacy test (MTEL) prior to admission into licensure programs. Submit a copy of the official document noting your pass score or verification page from the Educator Licensing and Recruitment (ELAR) system maintained by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
GPA of 3.0 - The official transcript of your prior bachelor’s and/or graduate degree is required to show a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Students entering without having met the MTEL and GPA requirements
are required to begin as follows:
- School Guidance Counseling (48 credits): Register for School Guidance/non-licensure.
- School Guidance Counseling/Mental Health Counseling (60 credits): Register for Mental Health Counseling
- School Adjustment/Mental Health Counseling: Register for Mental Health Counseling
They are advised to take the Communication & Literacy MTEL within their first term at the College.
When the MTEL is passed and a GPA of 3.0 earned in at least two Cambridge College courses, students may seek approval to become licensure candidates in School Guidance or School Adjustment.
Massachusetts Educator Personnel ID (MEPID number) - If you do not have a MEPID number, please submit an application to receive one with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ME-DESE) and submit a copy of the official notification of the number along with the MTEL results for admission into the licensure program selected.
Program chair consultation and approval - Students should consult with the program chair regarding licensure requirements and seek approval to enter an ESE licensure program.