School of Education Admissions Requirements

Applicants to the Cambridge College School of Education must satisfy the School requirements below in addition to the General Cambridge College Admissions Requirements plus any specific requirements your program may have. (You can find these on your program’s Admissions page).

Official Transcript

You must request an official transcript from all colleges you have attended. Please note: 

  • Your previous degree must have been earned at a regionally accredited college or university. 
  • MEd applicants require a Bachelor’s degree
  • CAGS applicants require a Master’s degree in education or a closely related field and a bachelor’s degree
  • Other School of Education certificate programs require a Bachelor’s degree

Here's how to request a transcript

Current Résumé

  • All programs: Three years of work experience recommended
  • Professional and administrator licensure programs: Specific experience required. See program description.
  • Provide a letter on your employer’s letterhead signed by an official (e.g. principal or human resource director) stating that you have completed the experience required.

Personal Statement

Write a two-page, typed, double-spaced essay (500 words) describing your professional experience, your goals and objectives for graduate study and for educator licensure. How do you expect your graduate studies to apply to your school and enhance your future career? Keep an electronic copy to share with your seminar leader (academic advisor). It will be the first entry in your portfolio of learning.  This portfolio may be used for program assessment.

Two Applicant Recommendations

Please use Applicant Recommendation form.

For Programs Leading to State Licensure:


Please be ready to demonstrate your competencies and knowledge appropriate to the subject area at the level of licensure sought; strong oral and written communication skills including organization and clarity of thought, ability to communicate ideas, and correct use of English; and enthusiasm, sincerity, and serious intent to become a licensed educator. 

Licensure candidates

All new students must register for the non-licensure option until they pass the MA Communication and Literacy Test. Students who wish to enroll in one of the Cambridge College graduate education programs leading to state licensure must register for the non-licensure option until they have passed the MA Communication and Literacy MTEL. Students who enter the College with a successful “pass score” in this test may register for the licensure option in their desired program of study. It is highly recommended that students take and successfully pass the above test(s) within the first term of their enrollment.

Documentation of Licensure

If you have a current educator’s license/credential, a photocopy is required.  NOTE: a prior license is required only for professional licensure and some administrator licensures (see your program’s Admissions page).