[Posted December 17, 2013]
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, this mid-level professional position is responsible for administrative and clerical support for the Director and the department’s daily operations. The position is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate IT Departmental effectiveness and efficiency. This position provides backup support to other office personnel as needed as well as assisting Students, Faculty and Staff with questions related to information technology.
- Manages all administrative support functions (phones, supplies, etc.), office organization, procedures, records, files, meetings.
- Central point of information for Information Technology Department.
- Answers and screens helpdesk telephone calls.
- Coordinates helpdesk workflow during day shift.
- Manage vendor relationships as directed including coordinating vendor resources to resolve various matters.
- Initiates and prepares correspondence, and college-wide communications.
- Serves as department reception and communications liaison to internal departments on behalf of the Director.
- Calendar management
- Provides training for selected services.
- Responsible for maintaining the College-wide staff directory and other IT department work products
- May create procedural documentations and training materials as directed
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures and policies
- Work with help desk staff to ensure all meeting setups are completed to specifications
- Order office supplies and maintain department equipment, initiating equipment purchases when required
- Treat fellow employees, students and the institution’s guests with civility and to refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Good written business English
- Three to five years related administrative-clerical experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, ideally in an administrative setting in a technology environment
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- High level skills with MS Office software suite including proficiency in Excel
- Solid experience independently managing multiple tasks and responsibilities and sometimes competing priorities
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and team skills
- Strong time management skills required
- Able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Able to function efficiently in a fast-paced, challenging environment and follow procedures accurately
- Possesses the ability and willingness to learn new skills and technology
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and diverse environment
- General understanding and appreciation of computer and telecommunication technologies
- Self-starter/takes initiative and the ability to manage ambiguity while consistently exercising good judgment
- Strong fundamental understanding of IT applications
Physical Effort Required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to be mobile. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This job requires the employee to spend lengthy periods of time performing computer assisted work. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate.
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com