FAQ's for Financial Holds and Loans


Q: How can I get help with a hold?

A: Use the following to determine the best course of action prior:

  • Financial Aid Hold - Financial Aid (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1440
  • Reason for hold: Your Financial Aid is in process or not complete.
    • If you have applied for financial aid, the process may not be complete and funds may not have arrived to date, resulting in a hold. Prior to contacting the Financial Aid Office, please check your account on line.
  • Business Hold - Student Accounts (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1326
  • Reason for hold: You have a balance with the college which must be paid.
    • You have a payment plan; the balance must be paid before the hold will be removed.
    • You have Third Party Billing in effect and payment may be due.
  • Academic Undergraduate Hold – James Lee, Dean (617) 873-0236; or Jeff Hogan, Academic Advising Coordinator for Cambridge (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1728
  • Academic Graduate Education Hold – School of Education (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1181 for referral to your Program Coordinator
  • Academic Graduate Counseling Hold – School of Psychology and Counseling (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1223 for referral to your Program Coordinator
  • Academic Graduate Management Hold – Mary Ann Joseph, Acting Dean, School of Management (800) 877-4723 at ext. 1227
  • Academic CAGS Hold – School of Education or School of Psychology and Counseling (see numbers above)
  • Graduation Clearance Hold – Registrar’s Office (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1101. This hold will be removed at the close of the Registrar’s graduation clearance for the current term. If you do not intend to complete your degree-program requirements this term, please update your anticipated graduation date with the Registrar's Office, and the hold will be removed so that you may register for the upcoming term.
  • Immunization Form Hold – Registrar’s Office (800) 877-4723 Ext. 1101. This hold will be removed once your form is received by the Registrar’s office to be placed in your student file. This is a Massachusetts state law that all full time undergraduate or graduate students show proof of vaccination.
  • International I-20 Hold – International Student Office (617) 873-0169. This hold will be removed and the student will be allowed to register for courses once the DSO has met face to face with the international student and has given the student the I-20 form.
  • If you attend Cambridge College at a location  outside of Cambridge, Massachusetts, and need additional information, please contact your Site Director for assistance:
  • California  – Rita Clemons, Acting Director, (909) 635-0250 Ext. 1560
  • Georgia - Dr. Sharlotte Evans, Director, (706) 871-3965
  • Lawrence – Dr. Joseph Miglio, Acting Director, (617) 868-1000 Ext. 1471
  • Memphis - Dr. Karen Streeter, Interim Director, (901) 755-9399 Ext. 1547
  • Puerto Rico - Dr. Jose R. Irizarry-Mercado, Director, (787) 296-1101 Ext. 1534
  • Springfield - Teresa Forte, Director, (617) 868-1000 Ext. 6622
  • Virginia - Dr. Ella Benson, Director, (757) 424-0333 Ext. 6193

Loan Deferments

Q: My lender is saying that it’s time for me to repay, but I’m still in school.  What do I do?

A: Send the Registrar’s Office a deferment form from the lender.  You fill out the top section and sign and date where required.  Please include your lender information.  We will complete section four of the form and fax and mail it to your lender.

Q: My lender has informed me that Cambridge College has not reported my enrollment status.

A: At the end of each Add/Drop period, the Registrar’s Office reports student enrollment status information to the National Student Clearinghouse where lenders check on student enrollment status. If your lender lets you know that your status information could not be found at the National Student Clearinghouse, please send us a deferment form, as above, and we will immediately send it to the lender.

Q: Where can I find a deferment form?

A: Most lenders supply deferment forms at their websites.

Q: How can I get a letter verifying my enrollment?

A: Please complete and submit a <Letter Request> form.

Q: Whom can I contact about a deferment question?

A: Please contact Assistant Registrar Robin McDaniel at 1-800-877-4723 x1275