Cambridge College was founded in 1971 with a mission to provide academically excellent, time-efficient, and cost-effective higher education for a diverse population of working adults for whom these opportunities may have been limited or denied
Today, Cambridge College has more than 7,000 full- and part-time students across Massachusetts and seven other regional sites. Cambridge College is a responsive learning community where working adults can find ways to make the personal and professional changes they need to achieve their goals. Learning at Cambridge College takes place in an atmosphere of true diversity, where students support each other in a collaborative learning process that respects their needs and values, their prior learning and life experiences. The College's innovative adult-centered learning model links theory and practice, helping students to acquire the academic credentials they seek to enrich their lives and careers, and become leaders in their communities.
Cambridge College is a learning community in which adult learners experience educational practices that honor and empower them. Cambridge College programs develop and enhance skills, competencies, attitudes, values and habits of mind which enable our students to competently meet personal needs and professional challenges. Our academic programs stir and excite their emotions, curiosity, and intellect.
- Discover how they learn most effectively (individual learning style), their strengths, and potential.
- Be affirmed as individuals and professionals, and realize their potential.
- Gain the skills, knowledge, and perspectives to make sense out of experience and the larger world as an individual, professional, and community member; and build on this understanding to become a lifelong learner.
- Work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs, to help them realize their potential.
- Acquire the content and skills expected in their field, to meet professional standards.
- Enter a network of ongoing relationships with fellow learners and faculty.
Cambridge College aspires to be a visionary organization and learning community. Many of our students report that the dynamic learning process at Cambridge College has transformed their professional and personal lives.