Transfer credit requests, initiated by the student, are evaluated only on the basis of official transcripts. Students must submit a completed admissions application packet, including official transcripts and course descriptions/syllabi, if applicable.
Please note that transfer credits are not allowed for the School of Management MM55 program.
How to initiate your transfer credit request:
- Please request official transcripts from previously attended institutions as soon as possible.
- If you have any grades not on the ABC scale, ask the course instructor to clearly state the letter grade equivalent in a letter on official college letterhead, addressed directly to the Cambridge College Transfer Credit Office.
- If requesting transfer of required courses into an M.Ed., C.A.G.S., or Ed.D., fill out form and attach course descriptions or syllabi. Photocopies must clearly show the course number, title and description; name of the college, your name and date of birth.
- Have international transcripts translated and evaluated by an authorized translation agency such as the Center for Educational Documentation, 617-338-7171, www.cedevaluations.com; or World Education Services, 212-966-6311, www.wes.org.
We must receive all documents for transfer credit evaluation (outlined above) by the following priority dates in order to evaluate your transfer credit by the beginning of the term. Later submission will result in delayed transfer credit awards.
- By April 1 for Summer term
- By July 15 for Fall term
- By December 1 for Spring term
Veterans and Military Students
The Transfer Credit Office adheres to the regulations and requirements outlined in the DoD Military Tuition Assistance Program. It recognizes, accepts and awards credit where appropriate; specifically credits earned through standardized examinations and from American Council on Education evaluated transcripts.
- The Transfer Credit Office reviews official transcripts and identifies all courses that meet the general criteria and may be eligible for transfer.
- For licensure programs, specialized concentrations, and CAGS programs, the program chair reviews the content and approves courses that meet program-specific criteria.
- Undergraduate academic advisors will create an academic plan which includes all eligible transfer credits that meet Cambridge College undergraduate degree/program distribution requirements. Based on the policy below, credits constituting an earned associate’s degree will be accepted in total up to 69 credits. Credits outside of, or above and beyond an earned associate’s degree, will be evaluated for transferability by the academic advisor.
- For licensure programs, specialized concentrations, CAGS and doctoral programs, the program chair reviews the content and approves courses that meet program-specific criteria.
- Final determination of the transferability and programmatic distribution of credit lies with the academic dean of the appropriate school.
In Your First Term
Graduate students — Do not take any course that you hope will be covered by a corresponding course that you have submitted for assessment. Wait until your transfer credit evaluation is completed.
Re-Evaluation of Transfer Credit
If you change concentration or program, you must request a new transfer credit evaluation.
When you return after an absence of one term or more, prior transfer credits are revised according to policies in effect at the time of your return.
Transfer to another College
Transfer of credit is controlled by the receiving institution. Accreditation does not guarantee that another institution will accept credits earned at Cambridge College.