Reporting to the Regional Center Director and Assistant Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor represents Cambridge College to prospective students and organizations to increase inquiries/convert applications into enrolled students.
The successful admissions counselor exhibits superior customer service skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students including interviews, phone calls, emails and information sessions. The counselor creates and implements recruitment strategies to reach prospective students through events, referrals, online and print communications, and outreaches to businesses and organizations. The admissions counselor must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff. A flexible work schedule that will include days, evenings, and some weekends is required. Travel, valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meets enrollment and lead generation goals.
- Work as part of the team to help develop outreaches and information sessions, student referrals and professional networks.
- Provide prospective applicants with information about academic programs, educator licensure, admissions requirements, and financial aid options.
- Ability to work on a registration deadline, meet required enrollment goals and use outstanding customer service to recruit students to the College’s programs.
- Participate in events prior, during and after each term such as information sessions, orientations, registration events and graduation.
- Utilize phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a timely manner, providing superior student service.
- Work with prospective students to garner completed application files prior to enrollment and efforts to increase retention.
- Become familiar with working territory and demographics of cities/towns in that area to best reach the student population for Cambridge College Lawrence Regional Center.
- Collaborate with our growing alumni network to develop new student/professional networks, garner student referrals. Alumni are to be utilized at information sessions, outreaches, phoning etc.
- Attend training sessions to receive updated information about new programs, services, educator licensure requirements, etc.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions, participate in the events prior, during, and after each term such as information sessions, orientations, registration events and graduation.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately as well as accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Work as part of the team to help develop outreaches and information sessions, student referrals and professional network.
- Ability to work independently, set appointments and promote the College in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow the expectation of treating fellow employees, students and the institution’s guests with civility and kindness; and to refrain from activities that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure while multi-tasking under deadlines.
- Collaborates with the College’s academic, business, financial aid and registrar’s offices to address student inquiries and to appropriately direct student requests for services.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
Related duties as directed.
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
Recruiting, management, sales, and/or knowledge of higher education strongly preferred; Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills; Well-developed presentation skills are required; Goal oriented and intrinsically motivated with superior customer service and networking skills; Facility with MS Office Suite and the Internet as a tool; Ability to manage student files and rosters via the Jenzabar system; Experience working with adult population preferred; Professional attire and personal presentation required daily.
Lawrence Regional Center: bilingual preferred
Physical Effort Required:
The candidate is required to be mobile and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com