Staff Assistant 1- Springfield Regional Center Springfield Regional Center [Posted December 6, 2012]
POSITION SUMMARY: Candidate will perform entry level office clerical functions with the computer being used regularly as a work tool. High School diploma/GED required. Two years of clerical work experience preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Filing, both manually and electronically, plus file maintenance.
- Use of office suite of computer software to generate letters, memos, messages, documents/reports, etc.
- Generate printouts (not the organizing/design work).
- Operate office equipment appropriate to academic and support departments, e.g. photocopier, fax machine, postage meter, telephones, scanners, etc.
- Assemble mailings.
- Reception: e.g. answering phone, greeting, directing traffic, providing verbal and electronic information and directions.
- Scheduling appointments, rooms, manually and electronically, etc.
- Ordering supplies, call for repairs.
- Physical activity, such as moving office equipment/furniture; light lifting, and some basic office maintenance tasks, e.g. replacing toner, keeping paper supplies available, reporting repair needs, etc.
- Opening and closing of premises (except high-security areas like computer labs).
- Data entry (online), basic typing, scanning; assure accuracy of data input.
- On-site departmental job related errands, and off-site departmental job related errands by mutual agreement.
- May be trained to work cross-functionally at this level. This cross-function training is not meant to create a general employee float pool with interchangeable jobs and/or departments.
- Position hours are evenings and weekends with a total of 17 hours per week.
EXPERIENCE: Qualifications: High School diploma/GED required; some college education desirable but not required; two (2) years of office clerical experience preferred; or a combination of education and experience as determined by the College and supervisor for the job. A demonstrated knowledge of computer usage, and data entry experience strongly preferred. Candidate should possess customer service orientation and the ability to work as a team member and must have effective communications skills necessary.
Additionally, there will be other duties as needed.
Cambridge College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The College and all its degree programs are authorized by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education. The College is authorized to operate and offer selected degree programs in their states by the California Bureau for Private Post-Secondary and Vocational Education, the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission, the Council on Higher Education of Puerto Rico, and the Council of Higher Education for Virginia. Cambridge College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary education institute by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission in the state of Tennessee.