PT IT Support Assistant - Georgia Augusta Regional Center [Posted July 10, 2012]
POSITION SUMMARY: This part-time, 20 hours per week position, reports to the Center Director; flexible schedule required, ability to work nights and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Train students, faculty, staff on the use of the College hardware and software
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues related to students, staff and faculty laptops as well as printers
- Provide assistance in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Assist students with basic navigation of the lab computers
- Serve as first line of support for students, faculty, and staff using the College collaboration software
- Deployment and troubleshooting of wireless laptop computer stations and audio/visual equipment
- Assisting with help desk functions and computer hardware repairs
- Providing backup for other department IT support staff
- Solve basic troubleshooting incidents with Email, Portal (My CC) and Jenzabar, as well as any other applications
- Following the status of technical request for service tickets
- Create documentation materials for the College applications
- Organize and install hardware and software upgrades
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties and responsibilities relating to the operations of the Information Technology Department as designated by supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required; College degree or coursework in higher education preferred; previous experience in information technology or applications support preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Working knowledge of Windows 2000/XP and Macintosh based operating systems; Working knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office applications; Individuals with MOUS (Microsoft Office user Specialist) certification are encouraged to apply; Basic familiarity with TCP/IP connectivity desirable; knowledge of wireless interned and network connectivity preferred; Familiarity with connectivity of audio visual equipment, including VCRs, LCD projectors, slide projectors, CD players, etc.; Must possess customer service and team-oriented skills; Ability to multi-task and learn new duties and procedures quickly is essential; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Experience working in an educational environment is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
Heavy lifting approximately 50 pounds
Cambridge College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The College and all its degree programs are authorized by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education. The College is authorized to operate and offer selected degree programs in their states by the California Bureau for Private Post-Secondary and Vocational Education, the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission, the Council on Higher Education of Puerto Rico, and the Council of Higher Education for Virginia. Cambridge College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary education institute by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission in the state of Tennessee.